Do you feel unhappy with your body?
- When you wake up in the morning, is your first thought about what you ate the night before, coupled with a feeling of dread and despair?
- Can you eat a meal without mentally tallying up what you already ate that day and deciding whether it was "too much" and maybe you should not eat anymore regardless of how hungry you are?
- Do you exercise with the thought that you have to "work off" what you ate today?
- Do you let your scale dictate your mood for the day?
Welcome to diet culture! You may not realize it, but by engaging in the behaviors above, you are being distracted from living your life to your highest potential. You are giving your power away. You are likely keeping yourself in a constant cycle of struggle and fear and shame. How is that working for you?
There is a better way........
When you work with me, I am here to teach you that you can trust your body’s wisdom in order to feel good in your life. Our work starts with learning how to recognize diet culture for what it is and vowing to leave diets behind for good. But that is only part of the work. We will also explore your relationship with movement and learn how embodiment is critical to healing from diet culture. We will also incorporate self compassion and self care practices as part of your transformation. The relationship you have with your own body is the single most important relationship you have and you will learn how to nurture and cultivate this relationship.
When you free up the energy that has been dedicated to solving your eating "problem", you will find there are other places in your life where this energy can be directed. You may have never noticed these places because you were distracting yourself with food. Without dieting, you will find you have the time and space to dedicate to hobbies, activities and special causes that truly nourish your soul. In addition, when you stop hating your body, you give other people permission to stop hating their bodies as well. Everyone wins.
Are you ready?
Are you ready to get real and go deep and challenge beliefs you have had for years if not decades? This work requires daring and courage and a willingness to go beyond the limits of conventional thought.
This work is about self compassion and acceptance and giving yourself permission to be who you are without trying so hard to change. This work is about helping you let go of behaviors that don't serve you and exploring how to reclaim more joy in life. This work is about helping you realize that you already have everything you need inside and your life is waiting for you to start enjoying it.
This is a non-diet and weight neutral approach to living. This is not another false promise of instant weight loss as the band aid to fix everything you don’t like in your life. Your life is not broken and you don’t need fixing. This work takes time and commitment, but there is no wagon to fall off of and no way to do it wrong. With diets, you can’t wait for the diet to be over, but experiencing your own personal power and freedom is a feeling you will never want to end.
How my coaching works:
- 20 min consult- Not sure if my coaching is right for you? Sign up below for a 20 minute complimentary phone call to see if we are a good fit for working together.
- Video Calls or In Person - We will meet using Zoom video calls. We can also meet by phone, or in person if you live locally.
- Session Timing - Our first package session will be 90 minutes so we can review your dieting history and discuss your goals and why you want to work with me. Remaining package calls are 60 minutes each. Single session calls are 60 minutes each. Package sessions are weekly or biweekly, depending on what works for you.
- Email Summary & Support - Following each call, I will send you an email with a recap of what we discussed, and goals to focus on for the coming week. Limited email support is also available at times during the process, as needed.
- Homework - will be discussed and assigned after the call if applicable. Includes behaviors to practice during the week, journaling prompts, questions to answer, ideas to consider.
- Recommended resources - will be included in the email summary, if applicable.
- Private Facebook Group - You are also welcome to join my private Facebook group for more support from myself and the other women interested in doing this work.
What we will focus on:
- How your story with food and body has developed and evolved.
- Where are you now in your relationship with food and body and where do you want to go?
- The foundational importance of self-compassion and how to cultivate it.
- How to recognize and unhook from diet culture.
- What beliefs do you have about health and weight and how might they be sabotaging you?
- The principles of Intuitive Eating and how to incorporate them into your life.
- What does it mean to be Health at Every Size® informed?
- New and essential self care behaviors to implement concerning eating and movement that support you rather than deprive you.
- Exploring how dieting might be holding you back and what can help you move forward.
Investment: I offer a 6 session package with one 90 minute call and 5 60 minute calls for $600 paid in full (USD). This can also be paid in monthly installments of $210 a month for 3 months.
6 SESSION COACHING PACKAGE $600
I also offer single 60 minute coaching sessions for $100 paid in full (USD).
SINGLE 60 MINUTE SESSION $100
Or Ready to Get Started?
Clients who have worked with me have said:
“During our work together (Elizabeth) helped me gain insight and perspective on what was holding me back and provided me with the tools to do something about it. We mainly focused on the principles of intuitive eating and how my personal life was affecting a lot of what I was going through. I appreciated that Elizabeth always offered several different ways of going about change and recommended a wide variety of resources to supplement our meetings. I would recommend others to seek services from Elizabeth because she created a safe, trusting, educational, and supportive environment.” (Jess)
“When I started working with Elizabeth, I was torn between wanting to love my body and hating my body. I didn’t realize how much I talked negatively about my body until Elizabeth asked me to pay attention to it. I learned that I have to be nicer to myself. I learned to listen to my body more carefully. I am looking forward to digging in deeper with what has already come to the surface. I would recommend anyone who is feeling torn or hopeless with their bodies to try working with Elizabeth.” (Aileen)
Don't let another day go by of feeling frustrated
and angry with food and your body.
Eating Disorder Disclaimer: If you are currently suffering from an active eating disorder, or think you might be, please contact a clinician who specializes in eating disorders. I coach women to help them understand their behavior around food but I do not treat active eating disorders. Click below for more information on eating disorders.