Do you feel unhappy with your body?
- When you wake up in the morning, is your first thought about what you ate the night before, coupled with a feeling of dread and despair?
- Can you eat a meal without mentally tallying up what you already ate that day and deciding whether it was "too much" and maybe you should not eat anymore regardless of how hungry you are?
- Do you exercise with the thought that you have to "work off" what you ate today?
- Do you let your scale dictate your mood for the day?
- Did it ever occur to you that you don't have to live this way?
Welcome to diet culture! In diet culture, we are so conditioned to think about food and weight constantly that we don't stop to question whether what we are doing is making us happy. We assume it's our fault if we are not happy and that we just need to try harder.
Introducing the Live Free or Diet™ Coaching Approach to Wellness
- I offer support and guidance for women wanting to break free from feeling badly about their bodies.
- I can help you if you feel like you do the same things over and over again, and still don't feel good about your body or your life.
- I can help you if you feel like something is missing, and you wonder why you can't conquer this weight thing when you do everything else so well in your life.
- I can help you if you have questions about diets or bingeing or food and sugar addiction.
- I can help you if you worry about eating emotionally.
- I can help you if you are confused by the advice that we are bombarded with in the media and online, about health and nutrition and exercise.
- If you have tried Weight Watchers and Paleo and more diets than you can count, I can show you an alternate way of approaching food and body issues. My approach is sustainable and gives you valuable skills that you can apply to other areas of your life as well.
- If people in your life are always telling you to lose weight, I can support you in helping them understand that you don't need to lose weight to be healthy.
- I am going to provide you with a different lens to look at the world and together we will redefine what success means to you.
My clients are stunned when they realize how much energy they have devoted to the practice of hating their bodies. It's a game changer to turn towards the new paradigm of Living Free.
Are you ready to try the Live Free Approach?
You don't have to wait for weight loss to start living your life and calling in everything you desire.
As a Mind Body Coach, I am a specialist in the field of weight and body issues and how our mindset influences our body. I have studied these concepts extensively and trained with experts such as Be Nourished and Evelyn Tribole (author of the book Intuitive Eating.) I have also lived and experienced what I share with clients, so I practice what I preach.
This is not another false promise of instant weight loss as the band aid to fix everything you don’t like in your life. Your life is not broken and you don’t need fixing. This is a supportive and compassionate exploration of YOU and what makes you feel alive. Instead of waiting for a diet to be over, experiencing your own personal power and freedom is a feeling you will never want to end.
How my coaching works:
- 20 min consult- Not sure if my coaching is right for you? Sign up below for a 20 minute complimentary, no obligation, exploratory phone call.
- Video Calls or In Person - We will meet using Zoom video calls. We can also meet by phone, or in person if you live locally (central Connecticut).
- Session Timing - Sign up for one session or save money on a package. The first session of a package is always 90 minutes so we can review your dieting history and discuss your goals. Additional calls are 60 minutes each. Single session calls are 60 minutes each and will focus on the main issue you bring to the call. Package sessions are weekly or biweekly, depending on what works for you.
- Email Summary & Support - Following each call, I you will get an email with a recap of what we discussed, and goals to focus on for the coming week. Email support is also available at times during the process, as needed.
- Homework - will be discussed and assigned after the call if applicable. Includes behaviors to practice during the week, reading, journaling prompts, questions to answer, ideas to consider.
- Recommended resources - will be included in the email summary, if applicable.
- Private Facebook Group - You are also welcome to join my private Facebook group for more support from myself and the other women interested in doing this work.
What we will focus on:
- How your story with food and body has developed and evolved.
- Where are you now in your relationship with food and body and where do you want to go?
- The foundational importance of self-compassion and how to cultivate it.
- How to recognize and unhook from diet culture.
- What beliefs do you have about health and weight and how might they be sabotaging you?
- The principles of Intuitive Eating and how to incorporate them into your life.
- What does it mean to be Health at Every Size® informed?
- New and essential self care behaviors to implement concerning eating and movement that support you rather than deprive you.
- Exploring how dieting might be holding you back and what can help you move forward.
Investment: I offer a 4 session package with one 90 minute call and 3 60 minute calls for $400 paid in full (USD). This can also be paid in monthly installments of $210 a month for 2 months.
4 SESSION COACHING PACKAGE $400
I also offer single 60 minute coaching sessions for $100 paid in full (USD).
SINGLE 60 MINUTE SESSION $100
Sliding Scale Options available - contact me for more information. For best results, 3-12 months of coaching is typical.
Or Ready to Get Started?
Clients who have worked with me have said:
“During our work together (Elizabeth) helped me gain insight and perspective on what was holding me back and provided me with the tools to do something about it. We mainly focused on the principles of intuitive eating and how my personal life was affecting a lot of what I was going through. I appreciated that Elizabeth always offered several different ways of going about change and recommended a wide variety of resources to supplement our meetings. I would recommend others to seek services from Elizabeth because she created a safe, trusting, educational, and supportive environment.” (Jess)
“When I started working with Elizabeth, I was torn between wanting to love my body and hating my body. I didn’t realize how much I talked negatively about my body until Elizabeth asked me to pay attention to it. I learned that I have to be nicer to myself. I learned to listen to my body more carefully. I am looking forward to digging in deeper with what has already come to the surface. I would recommend anyone who is feeling torn or hopeless with their bodies to try working with Elizabeth.” (Aileen)
Don't let another day go by of feeling frustrated
and angry with food and your body.
Eating Disorder Disclaimer: If you are currently suffering from an active eating disorder, or think you might be, please contact a clinician who specializes in eating disorders. I coach women to help them understand their behavior around food but I do not treat active eating disorders. Click below for more information on eating disorders.